Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Washington Jewish Week

Today, I found out something about my Washington D.C. which is the fact that it has a Jewish newspaper.  One that has been around since 1930, nonetheless!  To me, to think about D.C. as a highly Jewish area seems crazy, considering that I can name about twenty Jews in my high school, two of them being my twin brother and myself.  So for me to realize that there are enough Jews for a Jewish newspaper is absolutely crazy.  I believe that it is important to have a Jewish news source, so that the only reporting on Israel is not just about the conflict, but also about Israel as a country.  A Jewish newspaper in many places could help get rid of the false belief that Israelis are a bunch of warmongering Jews who just hate Palestinians.

No comments:

Post a Comment